The inevitable has happened: We cut Flor's hair. She has needed a hair cut for a long time, but life gets busy and it gets pushed off...ya know. So today was the day since I didn't have to work (President's Day!) and we had a list of errands to run anyway. Right before we walked out the door, I suggested to Devin that her hair might be long enough to donate to Locks of Love. We looked it up and sure enough, it was! Even though I adore her long hair, we both immediately thought that donating some of her hair would be a really special way for Flor to give, so we decided to go for it. We went to the salon and off it came!
 |
| Before |
 |
| This picture (reposted) better shows how long and beautiful her hair was |
 |
| Getting it chopped! |
 |
| new do- a cute bob! Flor loves it...she kept running her hands through her hair and laughing and smiling. I bet she was thinking- "man, that is a weight off my shoulders!" |
 |
| The braid ready to be sent! |
 |
| A lot of the pictures I took are blurry because she was moving her head around, probably again thinking how light it is! |
 |
| "Check out my cute hair!" |
She kept pushing the hair away from her ears, so we put it in a little pony on top of her head for the ride home. We will have to do a little pony or braids still to keep it out of her eyes, but the change is fun! On the ride home, every time I looked back, she was touching her hair and laughing, so I pulled out the camera and got a little video. Clearly, she loves it.
The nice thing about hair is that it grows-- and hers grows fast! So before we know it, she will have her long locks again. Until then, we will enjoy the change!
2 comments:
Super cute! Sad to see all her gorgeous hair gone but it is a great thing to donate it to! I always think about "my" little girl having cancer when I chop mine off and think it is for "her." (Hope and pray "she" never does! Maybe me donating my hair will help assure "she" doesn't?! And like that I am already worried about a little girl I don't have having cancer? lol.)
She looks adorable! Best part-- her reaction! Priceless!
Post a Comment